New Mexico Scholars
The New Mexico Scholars Program was created to encourage New Mexico high school students to attend public post-secondary institutions
or the following private colleges in New Mexico:
*Awards given to private colleges will not exceed an amount equal to the resident tuition rates charged by a public post-secondary institution. How much is the award?
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Tuition, fees, and books
- Renewable if student meets eligibility requirements
- May receive scholarship no more than 4 years
How do I apply?
- New Mexico residents
- Graduate from New Mexico high school in the top 5% of their class or score 25 on ACT
- Attend eligible college of university by the end of 21st birthday
- Enroll full-time
- Combined family income may not exceed $30,000 per year
Contact the Financial Aid Office at the college or university to inquire about the application process.
Each applicant is required to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA). When is the deadline?
Deadlines are set by each institution.