Highlights of the Fall 2012 Remediation Data:
The statewide total remediation rate is around 49.20% for recent NM high school graduates (GRADUATED IN SY11-12) and enrolled in Summer/Fall 12 as a first time freshmen at a NM public post-secondary institution.
Remediation rate calculation included the following factors:
- Graduated Spring 2012 (Note that this data is not from PED’s high school graduate students, rather from HED eDEAR for students that did provide their high school graduation year)
- Exclude Dual Credit
- Enrolled in Summer 2012 or Fall 2012 as a First time Freshmen
- 16,17,18,19 and 20 Year Olds
- NM public and charter HS only
- Math and English, reading remedial/developmental courses identified by the institution.
- New Mexico residents only