Vietnam Veterans’ Scholarship Purpose
The Vietnam Veterans' Scholarship Program was created to provide aid for Vietnam veterans who are undergraduate and graduate students attending public post-secondary institutions
or select private colleges in New Mexico.
*Awards given to private colleges will not exceed an amount equal to the resident tuition rates charged by a public post-secondary institution. How much is the award?
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Tuition, required fees, and required books
- Renewable if student maintains satisfactory progress
How do I apply?
- honorably discharged from the armed forces of the United States
- resident of New Mexico at original time of entry into the armed forces or who has lived in New Mexico for ten years or more
- has been awarded a Vietnam campaign medal for services in Vietnam during the period of August 5, 1964 to the official termination of the Vietnam conflict
- Undergraduate or graduate
Contact the New Mexico Veterans' Service Commission at 1-505-827-6300 or the Financial Aid Office at any New Mexico public or eligible private institution. When is the deadline?
Deadlines are set by each institution.