New Mexico Work Study Program Purpose
The New Mexico Work Study Program was created to provide funding for employment opportunities for qualified resident students attending public colleges or universities or the following eligible colleges in New Mexico: St. John's CollegeUniversity of the SouthwestInstitute of American Indian ArtCrownpoint Institute of TechnologyDiné CollegeSouthwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute
Employment can be through public post-secondary institutions, non-profit educational institutions, state political subdivisions, state agencies, and approved non-profit organizations. How much is the award?
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Varies depending upon student’s financial need and availability of funds
- Summer awards may be available
How do I apply?
- U.S. Citizen
- New Mexico residents
- Undergraduate or graduate
- Enroll at least half-time during regular session
- Enroll at least 3 credit hours during summer session
- Demonstrate financial need
Contact the Financial Aid Office at the college or university to inquire about the application process.
Each applicant is required to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA). When is the deadline?
Deadlines are set by each institution.