In 2012, NMHED implemented the new eDEAR (Electronic Data Editing & Reporting).
The data collected from New Mexico Public institutions includes Enrollment, Degrees Awarded and Financial Aid.
The data collection year begins with the Summer term and ends with Spring, the following calendar year. The Department collects data throughout the year. For example, Financial Aid and Degree data is collected once a year while Enrollment is collected three times (Summer, Fall, Spring)
The Enrollment data consists of three files student, course and student course. Data includes all students enrolled in courses including high school students taking college-level courses for credit (dual credit). The file is collected every semester from each public post¬secondary education institution.
The Degree File includes all students who have received a certificate or degree. The reporting period is Fall, Spring, Summer (Summer is trailing in this case).
Degrees earned but not conferred during the report period should be included in the following year’s report. The file is collected annually for federal and state reporting.
The primary purpose of this file is to collect the most complete data possible about student aid awards for a fiscal year (Fall, Spring, Summer).
These files are the official source of data for public postsecondary education New Mexico. Among the general uses of enrollment file data are:
• Providing information on the numbers of students enrolled in NM postsecondary education institutions and the characteristics of students who receive these degrees.
• Calculating remediation, retention and graduation rates generating a yearly profiles.
• data for funding formula
• Reports for the annual report.
Current Reporting Calendar
Data Request and Policy
• eDEAR Manual (draft 11/21/13)
• ACT link
• New Mexico High Schools (active)
• New Mexico High School List (inactive)
• STEMH CIP (CCA)
• CIP Discipline (CCA)