Highlights of the Fall 2015 Remediation Data:
The statewide total remediation rate is around 43% for recent NM high school graduates (GRADUATED IN SY14-15) and enrolled in Summer/Fall 2015 as a first time freshmen at a NM public post-secondary institution.
Remediation rate calculation included the following factors:
• Graduated Spring 2015 (Note that this data is not from PED’s high school graduate students, rather from HED eDEAR for students that did provide their high school graduation year)
• Exclude Dual Credit
• Enrolled in Summer 2015 or Fall 2015 as a First time Freshmen
• NM public, alternative, and charter High Schools
• Math and English, reading remedial/developmental courses identified by the institution.
• New Mexico residents only