The College Affordability Grant is in place to encourage New Mexico Students with financial need, who do not qualify for other state grants and scholarships, to attend and complete educational programs at a New Mexico public college or university.
Maximum of $1,000 per semester depending on financial need
The grant is for a period of one year and may be renewed on an annual basis or until the student graduates with a bachelor’s degree from an eligible institution.
- New Mexico Resident
- Enrolled at least half time as an undergraduate student at a New Mexico public college or university or tribal college
- Demonstrated financial need as determined by the eligible college or university
- Has completed a high school diploma or GED
How to Apply:
- Student shall contact their institution’s financial aid office for application instruction
- Student shall complete the FASFA
When to Apply:
Contact institution for eligibility period
Where to Apply:
Student shall apply at the eligible institution he/she will be attending