The New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Worker Loan Repayment Program provides education loan repayment assistance to certain professionals employed with the New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department.
The purpose of the program is to increase the number of public service workers in the critical need positions at the Children, Youth and Families Department through an educational loan repayment program. The program provides for repayment of the principal and reasonable interest accrued on federal and private loans obtained for educational purposes.
Awards will be determined by an applicant's overall reported educational debt at the time of application. Eligibility for funding will be reviewed on an annual basis and may be adjusted due to changes in annual income or changes in legislative funding.
Employment for the 2016 award term will be from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017. Payments will be made directly to the selected participant's student loan providers(s). Upon completion of the one year service commitment employees are eligible to reapply.
- Have satisfactorily completed at least one year of service past their initial probationary year with the Children, Youth and Families Department as a Public Service Worker. If probationary year was completed within another state agency, two years of service within the Children, Youth and Families Department shall be completed.
- Be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien and a resident of New Mexico.
- Be practicing in a critical need position within the New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department in either the Protective Services Division or Juvenile Justice Division of CYFD.
- Have completed a bachelor's or master's degree in a critical field and work directly with children and families in either the Protective Services Division or Juvenile Justice Division of CYFD.
The selection committee will screen applications and rank individuals based on the applicants' ability to describe their need for the program and their intent to work in a critical need position as defined by an eligible employer.
Funding preference is given to the following groups:
- Priority professions determined annually by the Selection Committee.
- Graduates from a New Mexico public post-secondary institution.
- Eligible individuals who fill a designed critical need position as determined annually by the selection committee.
Please submit the electronic application and all supporting documentation.
- Complete Application
- Copy of Driver's License
- Proof of Loans/Loan Debt Information (copy of current loan statements)
- CYFD Employment Verification Form completed by the Santa Fe Central Office Human Resource Office. Form completion from any other HR office will be denied.
When to Apply:
The New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Worker Loan Repayment Program electronic application opens every year on July 1st and closes on August 15th.
Applications must be received electronically by 5:00PM on August 15th. Applications time stamped after 5:00PM on August 15th will not be considered.
How To Apply:
Please click on the link below to access to the Online Application and the CYFD Employment Verification Form. Once you click on the link below, you will need to create an account to log in and start the application process. The online application will allow you to upload all documentation needed to apply. (LINK WILL ACTIVATE ON JULY 3, 2017)
Please contact the Financial Aid Office at the New Mexico Higher Education Department at 1-800-279-9777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.