The purpose of the Nurse Educator Loan-For-Service is to enhance the ability of college and university employed nursing educators to obtain Bachelor of Science, Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees.
For every year of service provided, a portion of the loan will be forgiven. If the entire service agreement is fulfilled, 100% of the loan is eligible for forgiveness. Penalties will be assessed if the service agreement is not satisfied.
The award may not exceed $7,500.00 per year.
- U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- New Mexico Resident (12 consecutive months)
- Enrolled in at least 3 credit hours
- Officially accepted into a Nursing program at a New Mexico public college or university
- Currently employed full-time or declare intent to be employed as a full-time nurse educator at an eligible institution
How to Apply:
- Complete the Loan-For-Service Application
- Completion of the school certification section within the application by the institution
- Submit the complete application packet to the New Mexico Higher Education Department
- Current program recipients will need to apply each year for funding
When to Apply:
The application opens every year on May 15th and closes on July 1st.
Where to Apply:
The application will be available on the bottom of this page starting May 15th and will be removed from the page on the closing date of July 1st.