Financial Aid & Scholarship Introduction
The Financial Aid Division is dedicated to helping students find money to attend college. We provide approximately $87 million dollars every year in financial aid to students in New Mexico. We offer a variety of programs to meet the needs of our state’s diverse population.
Financial Aid Division Goals
- To inform students in New Mexico that college is attainable and affordable;
- To provide students and their families with the consumer information needed to make informed decisions about financing an education;
- To make information about our financial aid programs accessible to all who qualify;
- To provide funding to pay for educational expenses for as many New Mexican students as possible;
- We also strive to keep the process of applying for state financial aid easy. With the exception of our Loan-for-Service programs, there are no separate state applications that must be submitted. Simply apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
State Financial Aid Division Staff:
Harrison Rommel. Ph.D., State Financial Aid Director, EMAIL
Heather Romero, Financial Aid Manager, EMAIL
Mia Candelaria, Education Program Manager, EMAIL
Alicia Armijo, Financial Aid Coordinator, EMAIL
Financial Aid Brochure:
To apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) CLICK HERE!